Fitness is very important in these days of fast food and fast meals. A yoga teacher is a fitness instructor that instructs and coaches individuals and groups in yoga and it’s practices. They demonstrate form and ensure that correct form is being followed.
Yoga Teacher Salary Summary
The current yoga teacher salary is about $36,000 per year or an hourly yoga teacher income of $17.
Yoga Teacher Details
Yoga teachers plan routines, select music and choose movements that will be used within the routine.
- They instruct their clients by showing them how to do exercises and supervising them as they do them to ensure that they are being done correctly.
- They may make adjustments to exercises when needed. They instruct students in how to maintain exertion levels and how to maximize the benefits of the routine.
- They teach proper breathing techniques to their students that must be used during exercises.
- They monitor the progress of each student and adjust the routine as needed.
- They evaluate each person’s abilities and develop a specialized routine to accommodate their fitness goals and level.
- They provide students with information regarding weight control, nutrition and other health topics.
- They provide first aid care when needed including treating and wrapping minor injuries.
- Yoga teachers may
refermajor or chronic injuries to a physician.
Yoga Teacher Salary
As a yoga
With five years of
Yoga Teacher Education
In order to become a yoga
Courses of study will include:
- fundamentals of yoga
- yoga practices including meditation,
- benefits of yoga,
- healing techniques,
- evaluation skills,
- movement techniques,
- yoga therapy,
- management tools,
- relaxation techniques,
- body mapping,
- mandala drawing,
- yoga program design,
- therapeutic sequences, listening skills, observation skills and more.
Upon completion of the program, a CPR certification class is needed in addition to first aid. Once this is complete, you will need to become certified as a yoga teacher. The majority of all employers will only hire yoga teachers that have certification. The exam will include a written and practical skills test. Additional certifications are available for specialized instructors that provide therapeutic and nutritional services.
Yoga Teacher Work Environment
The work environment for a yoga teacher is typically within
- a gym
- recreation center
typeof fitness studio.
Some yoga teachers may teach from their own home studio or visit students in their homes. Some teachers may also work in offices where they teach staff how to maintain their fitness levels. More than sixty percent work in gyms and other types of fitness facilities.
A yoga teacher must be in great shape, be understanding and able to listen well to their students. They also need to be alert and able to help students when they need help.
Yoga teachers typically work a
Yoga Teacher Salary Outlook
Teaching yoga can be a fun and interesting way to make a living. You will be teaching your students the skills that they need to know in order to achieve and maintain optimum health. Yoga teachers are also in high demand right now. In the next couple of years, there is a growth of twenty four percent expected for yoga teachers. This is great news for the career of a yoga teacher. This means that there will be an additional 60,000 jobs available for well trained and experienced yoga teachers.